Fusilloni with ortolana sauce
- 6.17oz (175g) Zucchini
- 3.5oz (100g) Eggplant
- 3.5oz (100g) Mini Peppers
- 4.4oz (125g) Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 Cloves Of Garlic
- 2 Sprigs Of Thyme
- 2 Onions
- 2 Teaspoons Sea Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pasta all’ortolana” - the perfect translation could be “Greengrocer’s pasta”. It is a famous Italian dish from the south of Italy, made by combining two of the most wonderful things on earth: pasta and vegetables. It is delicious hot or even cold for a perfect summer pasta dish.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the course salt. Cook the Fusilloni pasta according to the directions on the pack.
- In the meantime, for the ortolana sauce, cut the zucchini and eggplants into small cubes, mix in a bowl with 1 teaspoon of salt and leave to infuse for 15 minutes. Then wash with running water and dry.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° C of top heat / lower. Cut the onions in half and finely chop the garlic. Remove the skin of red peppers (to make them more digestible) and slice them.
- Depending on the size of the tomatoes, cut or leave them all over the cob. Mix zucchini and eggplants with the rest of the vegetables, 1 teaspoon of salt, extra virgin olive oil and thyme. Roast for 25 minutes and turn after 15 minutes.
- Once pasta and sauce are ready mix them and let them together a few minutes before serving warm.